contact an attorney
Conduct a Legal Audit of Your Business
Innovative Solutions in a Competitive Marketplace
Most small and mid-size companies worry more about increasing their bottom line than about protecting their assets. Often the first time a company becomes aware of a problem is when litigation arises or when the company is being sold. As a result, they react to problems when they arise instead of taking action now to avoid them altogether.
A legal audit can save you time and money in the future by preventing problems down the road. It allows businesses to clean up company documents and address areas of weakness that need attention. Our detailed legal evaluation of your business may uncover unwanted liability or vulnerability. Our goal is to help you act now to protect your business instead of reacting to alarming problems later.
Conducting a Legal Audit of Your Business
Our attorneys are skilled at evaluating potential weaknesses and helping to strengthen a company's practices. Some of the areas we evaluate in a business audit include:
- Organizational structure: Minute books, review of by-laws, minutes of the company, record-keeping policies and updates
- Shareholder or operating agreements, joint venture agreements
- Insurance coverage
- Human resources documents: Employment policies, employee handbooks and materials, employment applications and questions, employment contracts, restrictive covenants and non-compete agreements, and employee benefits
- Listing of assets of the business and ownership
- Contracts: vendor contracts, client contracts, licensing agreements
- Safety issues and environmental concerns
- Intellectual property: review of all trademark, copyright and patent registration and procedures for enforcement
- Commercial and retail leases
- Outstanding litigation
Contact the Business Lawyers at Spadea, Lanard & Lignana
An audit of your business practices can save you time and money later by identifying legal concerns and the means to remedy them, today. If you would like more information about how we can help protect and secure your company with a legal audit, contact an attorney in our Philadelphia, PA office of Spadea, Lanard & Lignana today.