Phone: 215.525.1165 x133
J.D. Fordham University School of Law, New York, New York
B.A. Ithaca College, Ithaca, New York
Roger joined Spadea Lignana in 2019 when the firm acquired the law Practice of Harold L. Kestenbaum. He is located in the New York office.
Roger is a transactional lawyer experienced in representing both emerging and mature franchisors in multiple industries. These include food service, specialty retail, hotels and resorts, automotive dealerships and licensed medical practices.
Roger assists clients in achieving national and international expansion through master franchising programs, area development, joint ventures, product distribution and management services agreements. Roger collaborates with local counsel and international tax and trademark counsel to develop the documentation necessary to help US franchisors do business abroad.
Roger provides franchise and business law services to clients in matters such as the preparation of Franchise Disclosure Documents, system compliance, corporate structuring, trademark registrations, mergers and acquisitions, venture capital transactions, e-commerce and a variety of consulting, supplier, and vendor agreements.
Roger has been a member of the American Bar Association’s Subcommittee on Franchising and the New York State Bar Association’s Franchise, Distribution and Licensing Law Section. He is the author of several articles on franchising and product distribution. Among them are:
- Has the Traditional Automobile Franchise System Run Out of Gas? American Bar Association Franchise Law Journal 16, no. 3.
- Franchising Your Business: Six questions an entrepreneur should ask before making the decision. MBE magazine
- Healthcare Franchises: Just What the Doctor Ordered, or Prescription for Trouble? American Bar Association Franchise Law Journal Vol. 15, No. 2.
- Lifting the Ban: New SEC Rule Allows Public at Large to Consider Your Offering Franchise Times
- Regulatory Issues in the Licensed Beverage Industry Inside the Minds—Food, Beverage and Drug Law Client Strategies Aspatore Press